If you expect to see some Claire's mood polishes, I'm afraid I will have to disappoint you, as always, I can't get my hands on any polish that everybody raves about.
Instead, you are going to see a polish that you have seen a lot in past few months, Essie Van D'Go.
Van D'Go is a soft pink creme with the tiniest hint of peach. I've seen a lot of swatches that are a lot peachier, but in person it is pink no matter where I looked at it. It is beautiful, but unfortunately it doesn't look good on me. This is yet again another pink that makes my hands look dirty!
Color-wise, it is my absolute favourite among all the spring collections. But I don't think I can say the same for the formula. It is a pastel afterall, it is bound to be gloopy and streaky, which is also pretty standard for an Essie.
And then something weird happened after I applied a coat of Seche Vite.
It changed to a peach! My bottle of SV got a bit thick and I forgot to add some thinner, so I didn't apply evenly. See how the ugly mixed of pink and peach on the index and near the cuticles?
It was middle of the night when I did this mani. I had 2 choices - wiped it off and had my nails naked on the following day, or left it, had a good night sleep and went out with this ugly thing. You know how lazy I am, so I chose option 2 without surprise. And even more amazing, I kept this for 2 days!
I was curious whether the change in color was bought by my bottle of SV or it was simply the polish. I ran a little test using 3 different top coats on it, only to confirm the problem was on Van D'Go. All 3 top coats changed its color to various degree of peach.
Do you have Essie Van D'Go? Do you have the same problem?
- Long time no post!
- My mom's wearing a knock off polka dot dress!
- I'm not really a mood polish
- OPI Chop-sticking to My Story - a copycat konadicu...
- Surprise from Germany
- FlashForward or flashback?
- Orly Mint Mojito
- Who needs Nfu-oh? Not me!
- Polish Blogger Network: Lacquer Link Love 3/12/10
- I need some help!
- Color Club Pucci-licious and tone on tone konad
- RIP Sheer Natural
- Meet my new BFF
- Treachery of the cheapskate - Nars Purple Rain
- Can you guess what it is?
- Another green, first konad success ... well, sort ...
- China Glaze Watermelon Rind
- Put a smile on your ... Nail
- Package Freak
- SCREW YOU, Sephora!
- Models Own Part 3 - The Sparkles
- Models Own Part 2 - The Chics
- Models Own Part 1 - The Pastels
- ▼ March (23)