Today I'm going to show you a polish that I like very much recently. It's green, by the way. Sure you have seen a lot of green lately in celebration of St Patrick's Day, would it be a little more interesting if it is a non-green lover's pick?
May I present you with China Glaze Watermelon Rind
Watermelon Rind is a green/blue jelly with silver glass flecks. It is quite sheer, as you can expected in jellies, good in 2 coats but I went for 3 here for richer color.
Can you see how super glossy it is? I didn't even use a top coat! The glass-fleck glitters are so sparkling and gives a lot of depth to the polish, absolutely stunning.
It is a standard China Glaze formula - went on smoothly, dried quickly. I'm so in love with this polish that I just didn't want to take it off, so I did something on it.
With the matte top coat, its color was toned down a hue lighter. It gave a satiny finish which was similar to OPI Suede.
I also tried to turn it into a darker color. I used China Glaze Awaken (a metallic charcoal) and Color Club Where's the Soiree? (a black creme), one coat of each, as the base. And then I added one coat of Watermelon Rind on top.
The result was nothing as I expected - the color was not darkened significantly to my disappointment. However, the glass flecks showed up better with the dark base. As you can see on the index and ring fingers, they are more vibrant than before. Plus, it only took 2 coats with this method, save a lot of time!
To make it look more like watermelon rind, I tried to stamp some black designs on it. Guess what? They were drown in the sea of green. Yet another konad-related tragedy.
Have a great weekend everybody, I'm off to lick my wounds now.
- Long time no post!
- My mom's wearing a knock off polka dot dress!
- I'm not really a mood polish
- OPI Chop-sticking to My Story - a copycat konadicu...
- Surprise from Germany
- FlashForward or flashback?
- Orly Mint Mojito
- Who needs Nfu-oh? Not me!
- Polish Blogger Network: Lacquer Link Love 3/12/10
- I need some help!
- Color Club Pucci-licious and tone on tone konad
- RIP Sheer Natural
- Meet my new BFF
- Treachery of the cheapskate - Nars Purple Rain
- Can you guess what it is?
- Another green, first konad success ... well, sort ...
- China Glaze Watermelon Rind
- Put a smile on your ... Nail
- Package Freak
- SCREW YOU, Sephora!
- Models Own Part 3 - The Sparkles
- Models Own Part 2 - The Chics
- Models Own Part 1 - The Pastels
- ▼ March (23)