Tuesday, March 23, 2010

OPI Chop-sticking to My Story - a copycat konadicure

It's been days, how's everyone?
I just sneak back here for a quick post. I have been so sleep-deprived that I may pass out anytime when I am typing this up.

So I told you that I borrowed OPI Chop-sticking to My Story, and this is the reason why.

Step 1: Base OPI Chop-sticking to My Story 2 coats
Step 2: Konad M73 in OPI You Don't Know Jacques!
Step 3: Sasatinnie FCRAS005
Step 4: China Glaze 2030 on the tips
Step 5: Konad M57 in Color Club Where's the Soiree?

I saw this super sophisticated Bollywood konadicure in Glammed-up I liked it so much that I decided to copy it. At first I wanted to copy every details but then I found that it was impossible for 2 reasons. For one, I didn't have everything Lisa used to create the look. And my nails were not as long, I couldn't have the flowers stamped without covering up the whole nail bed.

So I settled with a "simplified" version, after re-doing it for a couple of times.

This was what triggered the first redo. I wanted the background floral patterns to be very subtle, so I used a less vibrant color, China Glaze Heirloom Organza. As you can see here, the patterns are barely visible and once I put a shimmer over it, it simply disappeared completely.  And then I have to started allover again from the base coat up.

This konadicure took me a whole morning to complete, it was fun and frustrating at the same time. I hate to admit it but layering is so out of my league. The matching of colors and patterns are so complicated that is not something I can handle. I guess I should just stick to my less-is-more rule until I can really master the whole konad techniques (sounds very likely!). If you spot me with some sophisticated designs, rest assured that they are copied from somewhere!
Related Posts with Thumbnails